Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What's Your Direction?

I am decorating my new dining room with an Alice in Wonderland inspiration. While looking for quotes, I came across this one which struck a unique cord within me.


"...thought Alice, and she went on. "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. "I don't much care where--" said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat. "--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
From American McGee's Alice
First, I noted who Alice asked this important question to yet a stranger. She was willing to accept life altering advice from a crazy grinning fool...literally :)
Then noted was the witty reply of the cat...who actually gave no advice. Alice simply answered her own question by way of not answering it..
I also see the great connection between this and life's paths.
So often we are in a rush to get somewhere else, yet have no actual objectives in mind. We then find ourselves within the cat's reply...running fast to nowhere!
Just a thought....may develope more later ;)

1 comment:

Tara D. said...

Running fast to nowhere, but getting somewhere eventually. :) Maybe that "somewhere" is not where you wanted to end up, however.