Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SUPER SUPER EXCITED!!!

     For the most part, I've always been a girly girl. As a little girl, I loved to dress up! I was trying to get into mommys makeup and clomping around in her high heels. I thought I was little miss thang :) As started to grow up, i she my mother's pretties for my own. I enjoyed looking at magazines and attempting to duplicate "the IN look"...mostly it was a fail...but I loved doing it. 
     In college, everyone is broke! Desperate times called for desperate measures...the girls ended up turning to ME to color and trim their hair. I found myself to actually be pretty good at it...but it was just a thing...nothing major. Now, I've graduated and while looking an my degree the tght flushed through my mind,"now what am I going to do with it?!" This struck a pang of fear within me. Since then, I have been looking for ways to use my degree as a lifestyle.
     I believe that God created each of us beautiful. It is my desire to show others the their own beauty through Christ. Who better to portray this thought than a hairdresser?! I will never stand behind a pulpit, but I do have a great life thanks to God and I can share that with those in my chair. With this mindset, I am looking into cosmetology schools. This is a trade that is usable whenever and wherever the Lord leads. I believe that God instills passions within us to be used for His glory. I may not be the very best in the trade, but it is my prayer that I will do my best for the cause of Christ. Please pray with Chris and I that God supplies strength, finances, will power and overall blessing as I embark on this opportunity....Tomorrow, I am going to visit schools to see if indeed this is how God wants to use me:)

No comments: